TransitFare & Systems Ltd (“TransitFare”, “Company”, “we” or “us”) is committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of Personal Information in accordance with applicable legislation. This this website (www.transitfare.com), TF Cloud, UseTransit (www.usetransit.com), the UseTransit iOS app and/or UseTransit Android app are herein referred to as the “Products”.
We collect and process information from you and/or your device in several ways when you use TransitFare’s Products:
- We collect your name, email, and telephone number when you create an account in the Products.
- We collect optional information such as your address if you choose to provide this optional information while using the Products.
- We collect your preferences, including favorite routes, saved locations, transit preferences, in the Products.
- We collect usage details each time you use the Products, including your IP address, the actions you perform, the type of phone or OS you are using, etc.
- We collect data about fare product purchases you make, such as the type of fare product.
- We collect your name and email address when you explicitly request to be added to any of our mailing lists.
- We collect your telephone number when you interact with the UseTransit SMS service.
- We collect your name, phone number, email address and other information you may provide when you contact us.
- We collect your name, phone number, email address and other information a Transit Operator may provide when they contact us regarding an inquiry for your UseTransit account.
How this Information is Used
Information collected when you use the Products is used for the following purposes:
- Allow the Products to function as designed.
- Respond to any inquiry you have made about the Products.
- Respond to an inquiry you have made about your account in the Products.
- Securely transfer your payment information to a payment card processor.
- Display your account information to authorized Transit Operators to allow them to help you when they are interacting with you.
- Include your transit usage data in reports and analytics for the benefit of Transit Operators so they can understand how riders use their transit services.
- Develop and improve our Products based on your feedback and interactions.
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with our Products.
- Send you email communications.
- Comply with regulations and lawful requests or orders.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not rent, or sell the information collected related to your use of the Products. We also do not share this information with third parties except for the following purposes:
- When we need to send you an email, we will need to share your email address and the content of the email we are sending to you with third parties that we rely on to deliver that email to you (e.g. to email providers, including the provider for your email account).
- If you request assistance with our Products, we might share your request details, including your contact information, with a third party directly involved to help us investigate the issue.
- When you make a save a payment card and/or make a purchase, your name, email address telephone number and payment card data will be shared with a payment gateway.
- Transit Operators have access to your account information and your transit usage history. Transit Operators may use your information to provide you with support and to improve their services.
- When we are required to comply with applicable law, regulations, lawful requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., protect and defend our rights, situation that threatens life, health or safety, etc.).
- We disclose anonymous and aggregate information to certain third parties for research, product development or other business purposes. For instance, we may share information with Transit Operators to help them analyze and improve their transit services.
The following are some examples of your options with regards to our collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- You are not required to use the Products.
- You are not required to create an account in the Products.
- You can unsubscribe at any time from optional emails by clicking on the Unsubscribe link included in these emails. If an email you received does not include an Unsubscribe link, then that is not an opt-in email.
- You are not required to indicate any preferences (including setting your home and work address) in order to use the Products.
How Data is Protected
We are committed to securing your information and we take reasonable physical, procedural and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction. These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Storage on secure servers;
- Encryption of the communication channels (e.g. HTTPS);
- Limited access to data on a “need-to-know” basis.
Although we take great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches nor be immune from any wrongdoings or malfunctions.
Right to Access and Removal
The data that we store about you is on servers located in the USA and Canada. If you would like to remove or access any information that we have collected through your use of our Products where the data is stored on our servers, please contact your Transit Operator. On receiving such a request, your Transit Operator may contact us for assistance and we will use reasonable efforts to provide you or delete such information.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information of a child under 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time.